The key difference between S&M and Abuse, is "consent".
Consent = Is an agreed approval of what is done and/or proposed by another.
Abuse = to use so as to injure or damage: MALTREATMENT
| || |
Don't be abused...Recognize the Signs
Physical abuse is all of the following:
- Hit, choke, slap, threaten or hurt you outside the scene content.
- The abuser will force sexual acts upon you, even if you are not in the mood
- Will rarely respect your physical limits
Mental/emotional abuse consist of:
- Isolating you from your friends, family or others
- Putting you constantly into a confused state
- Constantly being criticized
- Making you financially depended upon them
- They are constantly draining you of your finances
- You constantly have to watch what you say around them
- Making you feel worthless
- Blames you for all misfortunes
- Extreme jealousy on their part
- You being constantly afraid to speak to your partner
- Never listening to your concerns
- Constantly asking you for financial support
- You living constantly in the state of "Walking on Egg shells"
In case of Abuse:.
- Contact National Domestic Violence Hotline 0808 2000 247 (UK)
- Leave the relationship
- Contact your family or friends
- Contact your religious leaders
- Call your local police department
- Get Local Counseling.
COURTESY OF http://domsubfriends.com/library/bd-v-ab.shtml