READERS

11 Apr 2013

'Time' is money in my business and the 'Player' who wastes it.



Time is a precious resource to me as it is for most people. In some ways, 'time' is money in my business, in other ways, 'time' is something which cannot be regained once lost.

I sometimes wonder how much of MY  time is wasted on 'players' - those who fruitlessly waste the time of others. I view these people as lacking a genuineness to them and are not serious considerations in MY world of BDSM.

Having kept a diary of callers and mailers, I have come up with what I consider a breakdown of my potential clients:
 40 % of them seem to be TOTAL players 30 % of them are real, but pretend to be something they are not.
 25 % of them seem to be genuinely interested in BDSM but will never commit to any activities - whether online, one to one, munches or clubs. 5 % are real, genuine and dedicated.

So, if I receive 10 calls in a week, 10 new twitter followers and 10 emails;  only 1.5  of those enquiries are real. Sad really.

Who are those people in the 50% group? It would seen they are the scammers, con artists, married men masturbating while the wife sleeps, the bored office workers, etc...  Most, if not all, of what they say / write is bullshit.

The 30% group are 'make-believers' - stating they are submissive but are not,  they like to top from the bottom. They question exactly what they will get for their money, want a reduced rate or even question ones monetary  value. They want their step by step instructions followed to the letter - making a session a one way street of personal gratification. These people don't really know what BDSM is all about. These are the ones who, for example, want a Twitter Mistress without it costing them a penny - because there is no real respect for BDSM from them.

The 25 % group is everywhere. They fantasise about BDSM, being dominated and humiliated, but will never ever step out of their comfort zone and experience it for real - whether in person or online. It will always be; "Next year..week..when I get divorced..."

Finally, I come to the 5% group. These people know the scene and what is going on. They are genuine and committed. these people are My needle in a haystack. The genuine submissive.

As I mentioned earlier, time cannot be recouped.  The problem I find in dealing with the pretenders, scammers, fantasists and players, is that the time spent interacting with this "submissive" is gone forever.  I have given my genuine attention to this person and while I interacted and had my 'time' wasted on a fruitless pursuit, I have probably missed a call from a genuine sub.

As any Mistress will point out, experience means the ability to recognise the 'player' quickly.  But, with the economy keeping genuine subs away and spending less at the moment, I'm finding myself in situations where I spend time interacting and nurturing  for nothing.  There are so many pretenders out there, that it seems most of my communications are nothing more than time wasting.

No comments:

Practice makes perfect

Resulting form the lack of effectiveness in work while wearing shackles, I did promise Mistress to practice more at home when I have time an...