READERS

22 Sept 2012

What I learned in Istanbul - Fashion

A Lot!
I've been many times to Istanbul, nut this time, I made a point of REALLY looking around - Not at the sights, but at the people.

FEMALES:
The women practice natural beauty - much like my discoveries in Paris. They are stylish and chic, dress with sophistication and in a classic manner. 

They seem to invest in key pieces, quality over price and wear what suits them. 

They eat sensibly, exercise and look after themselves. 

And the hair... Long, luscious and natural.

When I returned to my hometown of Reading I suddenly felt I had been dropped into a 'fashion disaster zone'. 

I won't start mumbling about my personal views, instead I'll leave you with this:


Vivienne Westwood criticises Britain’s bad dress sense
Queen of fashion Dame Vivienne Westwood is known for making bold statements - and this time she has some strong words for the British public.
Dame Vivienne slated Britain’s sense of style, saying “people have never looked so ugly” when it comes to fashion.
 Westwood said ‘conformist’ shoppers and cheap clothes have given society a ‘generic look’.
Dame Vivienne blamed the rise of cheap “disposable” clothes for curbing individuality and added that the only well dressed women are usually in their 70s, because they know how to choose investment pieces.
 The 70-year-old told reporters: “Everybody looks like clones and the only people you notice are my age. I don’t notice anybody unless they look great, and every now and again they do, and they are usually 70.”
Courtesy of Yahoo  http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/vivienne-westwood-criticises-britain%E2%80%99s-bad-dress-sense.html


Practice makes perfect

Resulting form the lack of effectiveness in work while wearing shackles, I did promise Mistress to practice more at home when I have time an...