READERS

1 Sept 2013

Why I despise Liz Jones attempts at journalism - The Daily Mail



I must profess at not liking The Daily Mail, I find it full of personal opinions rather than journalistic integrity. But, I do occasionally find a copy lying around and to satisfy my own curiosity and to prove myself correct, I do read it.

Last week I discovered an copy in my dentists waiting room. it was the Sunday edition (August 24th 2013 to be precise.) Flicking through the usual 'blame game' pages, my eyes came upon an article about Cheryl Cole's new - very large and bright- tattoo.

I'm guessing that the author Liz Jones' intention in her article was to dissuade young girls from having such large tattoos without considering all the consequences beforehand. Admirable advice. if that was her intention. But alas, the article was a tirade of abuse, stereo type and distain at those who carry tattoos.


I begin here: (I will quote Liz Jones in italics - wouldn't want any confusion) " And while I sport a tasteful tattoo myself, for Cole to encourage her teenage fans to follow suit, to swathe their own bodies in a dreadful cliché of womanhood (I don’t spy a single thorn, sadly) – which is costly, painful and almost impossible to eradicate should you grow up and, like, need a job – is irresponsible to say the least."

"Tat must hurt!" I am assuming from this that your tattoo being tasteful did not hurt - good for you! @RealLizJones, what is a tasteful tattoo? What constitutes a tasteful tattoo? Is it the one you profess to sport?  I wonder what it might be?

I cannot take you seriously @RealLizJones, not in the slightest - as you yourself retort:  "Once you are inked, no one will ever take you seriously again. You will belong to a club that has David Beckham as its poster boy." Your tasteful tattoo means, unfortunately, that you have been inked.. which, brings me to the conclusion that, it is not the inking that bothers you, but what the inking is. A matter of opinion.

"A tattoo smacks of myopic egoism, and too much time on hands that are possibly inked with a barbed wire ‘ring’, or (second most popular) the words ‘love’ and ‘hate’."

@RealLizJones, your tattoo stinks of ".. myopic egoism.." supported by your attempt at writing a column for the Daily Mail - (guessing the Guardian or the Times required a better class of columnist who don't sport any tattoos.)

"In the TV ad for Sky Sports, his tattoo ‘sleeves’, designed to enhance his musculature, are curiously distracting: you don’t know whether he is going to watch the flat screen TV, or steal it.

Hmmm. So, those who adorn tattoos are now also criminals - Do you have any journalistic  evidence to support this assumption? No, didn't think so, just YOUR viewpoint.

"Before copying Cheryl’s full buttock display, it might be worth thinking very hard about exactly the sort of life you want to lead." Ms Jones - what sort of life did you chose to live before you got inked?

Views of people like Ms Jones infuriates me - Summary: If you don't have a tasteful tattoo, which didn't hurt, means those of us who do adorn our bodies with 'art' are rich ( due to the thefts of TVs,)  suffer from myopic egoism, belong to a club with Mr Beckham, have too much time on our hands (because we are rich thieving tat adorning, jobless, irresponsible and "...who have long ago lost their edge, at about the same time the private jet arrived, and badly want it back in order not to alienate their minimum-wage fans."


Liz Jones, I salute you and your narrow  minded articles, generated to capture attention - because if you had any real journalistic flair you wouldn't need to be so contentious to gain a following.

No comments:

Practice makes perfect

Resulting form the lack of effectiveness in work while wearing shackles, I did promise Mistress to practice more at home when I have time an...